The Norfolk NHS Health Check is a project that provides Norfolk residents with a service which identifies of a participant’s risk of developing cardiovascular disease so preventative action can be taken by the participant, or action can be taken by the GP in the case of participants who are at high risk. This service is funded by Norfolk County Council and also forms part of Norfolk County Council’s Primary Care intervention planning.
Reed Wellbeing Limited are a registered Data Controller for delivering these services and need to collect your personal data in order to provide the Norfolk NHS Health Check.
For the purposes of being able to recommend and provide appropriate health management services, Reed Wellbeing Limited also needs to collect certain information about your health and lifestyle by using standard health assessment tests.
The type of information we need to collect includes:
- Your Personal Information - Your name, date of birth, address, contact details, gender, ethnicity.
- Your GP Information - Your NHS Number, whether or not you are registered with a GP, and the name and address of your General Practitioner.
- Your Health - Smoking patterns, Information about your family history of coronary heart disease, blood pressure, height, weight, alcohol intake.
The information you provide will be used to conduct the NHS Health Check and results will be shared with your GP and with Norfolk County Council.
The information provided will also be used for the evaluation of the Norfolk NHS Health Check project and may be shared with other third parties where this is required by law or where this contributes to the provision of effective health management services appropriate to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. This will also mean your participation on the service will end.
Your participant in this service means that you have read the above information about the Norfolk NHS Health Check service and its evaluation and understand how the information will be used.
Informed consent statement
- I consent to my information to be processed by Reed Wellbeing Limited for the purpose of providing me with the Norfolk NHS Health Check service
- I consent to information about me to be shared securely by Reed Wellbeing Limited to my GP and Norfolk County Council. I understand the purpose for sharing is to enable me to participate in the service and health management services appropriate for me.
- I understand that information can only be passed to another healthcare professional if this contributes to the provision of effective health management services.
- I understand that the information may be shared with other third parties where this is required by law.
- I understand that my data may be stored on paper and electronically
- I understand that my data will be treated as confidential and held, shared and disposed of in line with all legal requirements (including the Data Protection Act); and NHS Guidance which includes the Caldicott Guidelines.